The Goal Getter’s Prize supports outstanding writers from the United States and brings their work to a national stage.
These prizes award recognition and in the case of first place, publication by Winn Publications!
Selected from Winn Publications leadership Arilia Winn and a team of volunteer readers, the first-place prize winners will also receive a traditional publishing contract, national distribution, and a comprehensive marketing and media campaign. Two runner-ups will be considered for publication.
A book launch and celebration for the winning writers will be held virtually!
Submissions Open: May 1 to July 31
Winner’s Announced: October
Goal Getter's Prize- THE Categories
37 talented writers will be selected!
- Comic Fantasy
- Science Fiction
- Thriller and Suspense
- Speculative Fiction
- Young Adult
- New Adults
- Action- Adventure
- Children’s Literature
- Short story
- Memoir & Autobiography
- Self-Help/ Personal Development
- Health & Fitness
- Families & Relationships
- Business & Money
- Religious & Spirituality
- Short story
- Free verse
- The submitted manuscript MAY BE self-published, or unpublished though excerpts/individual poems included may have been previously published in periodicals, chapbooks, or anthologies. This is not exclusively a first book contest; authors may be at any stage in their career.
- For the Fiction and Non-Fiction categories – the first 30 pages may be submitted for tentative consideration.
- The writer must currently reside in the United States of America and write in English.
- Only online submissions will be considered. There is a $25 entry fee per category. You may submit multiple manuscripts as seperate entries.
- Manuscripts that are co-authored are welcomed and only one entry is needed.
- Tell us in a brief cover letter your publication history (if applicable, don’t worry about it if not)
- To ensure the protection of our volunteer readers, and to keep Winn Publications a safe space, please let us know in your cover letter if your work can be triggering in any way. This will have no bearing on your submission or a decision—we just want to ensure the best possible environment for our readers. Thank you for your understanding.
- Because we are smaller publishing company, email submissions are accepted at this time. In the future we hope to partner with a well known contest entry program/system.
- Incomplete submissions cannot be guaranteed consideration for the prize. Winn Publications reserves the right to disqualify any entries deemed to jeopardize the integrity of the contest.
MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING: Submissions will be reviewed blindly/ anonymously. No identifying information may appear on the pages of the manuscript. If the author’s name appears within the body of the text, please delete it before submitting it to the contest. However, please include a title page – with the author’s name deleted- and a table of contents. Pages must be numbered. Font: nothing fancy, Times New Roman 12 point font would be best. No manuscript revisions can be considered during the course of the contest, but the winning writer will have an opportunity to make revisions prior to publication.