OUR BEST PRACTICES
Here’s our top three goals that we aim to achieve with each and every title.
- High editorial standards
- Professional cover design
- Beyond Industry standards
EDITORIAL & INDUSTRY STANDARDS
As a member of the Independent Book Publishers Association, Winn Publications LLC and our group of imprints stand by IBPA’s criteria. We have included a checklist of their standards in the back of this guide and are working tirelessly to meet up to it.
IBPA’s Hybrid Publisher Criteria includes the following list of expectations, which all hybrid publishers are expected to meet:
Define a mission and vision for its publishing program.
Publish under its own imprint(s) and ISBNs.
Publish to industry standards
Ensure editorial, design, and production quality.
Pursue and manage a range of publishing rights.
Provide distribution services.
Demonstrate respectable sales.
Pay authors a higher-than-standard royalty.
We know that when we reach our goals, it puts you and the other authors we work with in a better position. Our bottom line is that everyone on our team has the publishing experience that they desire.
Here are the top 5 reasons why authors love working with us:
- Professionalism. We are in the process of creating a team of industry experts, led by publisher Arilia Winn, who brings 6 years of publishing experience. Our books are professionally designed and stand against other books in their genre.
- Distribution. We have traditional distribution with Ingram Sparks. Giving you a wider range to reach. You won’t find this with many other partnership publishers.
- Marketing. From the time that you sign your contract we will begin to help you with marketing your book. Most other hybrid companies only offer a years worth of marketing before you and your book are set on the back burner.
- Cash flow. Authors are entrepreneurial partners at Winn Publications LLC. They invest in a publishing package up front while keeping 70% of net on print books and ebooks. You won’t find this anywhere else.
- Team Work. Authors get the best of both worlds with us: they are collaborative partners who get creative control while benefiting from the perks that come with traditional publishing.